Kids’ First Years serves as the coordinating body and collective voice of Alexandria’s early care and education system. Our work is guided by our Common Agenda, which details our vision for change and collective approach to ensure access to an aligned system of high-quality early care and education services for all families.
Download our Common Agenda to learn more about our strategic framework and priority activities.
We are building an early care and education system that is:
- Aligned: SBA celebrates Alexandria’s mixed delivery system which is intentionally organized to provide a variety of services based on the diverse needs of children and families
- Accessible: Programming is designed to be accessible to all and especially for the most vulnerable and is centered around what is optimal for children and families
- High-Quality: Alexandria’s children are entitled to a high quality, culturally competent learning experience that is in line with local, state and national guidelines, research and evidence-based, data-driven practices
- Comprehensive: The ECE system spans prenatal through 3rd grade, including educational, health, socio-emotional, family and community support
- Equitable: Every child and family deserve high-quality services that eliminate disparities in life opportunities